MPI Manifold question.

On my new intake there are two fittings I'm not sure what they are for.

The large brass fitting on the outside edge of the manifold and a small vacuum line above it near the throttle body, it has blue ink on it.

One of these (according to the MPI instructions diagram) is for the brake booster (of which hasn't been installed). I'm assuming it's the smaller of the two. In which case, what's the big one for? (no laughing)

Reply to
Jeepers

The larger of the two is the brake booster. The smaller, I thnk, goes to the automatic trans to help it know when it needs to shift.

Reply to
CRWLR

O.K. I just confirmed the larger at SierraJeep.com. Thanks!

Anyone confirm the smaller MPI vacuum line on the intake near the throttle body as for the automatic tranny?

Reply to
Jeepers

Think on what you need for manifold vacuum.

Brakes, PCV, air filter flaps and ?????

Mike

Jeepers wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hell I dunno. I ain't got no air filter flaps! The intake already has a vacuum line for hubs, cruise and something else I don't need. I suppose that'll be TWO lines I need to plug.

Reply to
Jeepers

On mine, the larger one is directly adjacent to the throttle body, and the only other one is the rear-most one that is on the top surface near the firewall. I plugged one with a brass fitting, and the other one with a short piece of hose with a bolt inside.

If you haven't got Power Brakes and Automatic Trans, simply cap these lines and crack a cold-one.

Reply to
CRWLR

That's what I'd do, connect everything I can find, and plug whatever holes remain.

Reply to
CRWLR

If you have one back by the firewall, that's for the YJ's vacuum heater control.

Mike

CRWLR wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Now THERE is a good idea!

Reply to
Jeepers

The rearmost manifold vacuum was labeled for "cruise, axles" and something else which I can't recall. I'll plug it tonight.

I'm almost ready to start the beast, after 4 years or so. I still have to get the clutch fork situation solved, the radiator temporarily set up and the wires all sorted. Should be a week or two. Had to inform the Spouse that spending would be resuming soon.

Bumpers Inverter Air tank

Then there is the body... I filled all the taillight holes and fuel filler door for custom replacements, then off to the painters...

Reply to
Jeepers

That is the best Rx around my house, take two Coronas and check back in the morning ...

Reply to
CRWLR