PCV Valve MPI kit

Hi all,

I need to get parts for the two holes which are on top of the valve cover for my MPI kit upgrade. First the hole towards the front of the engine, has a label of Fresh Air Inlet and goes to the air filter from what I can see on my instructions. Second is the one to the back of the engine, has a label of CCV Hose, has a MAP sensor connection, and looks like it goes to the intake manifold.

Question:

What do I order for the front? That is, since this is built on a 94 YJ what should I get from the valve cover to the air cleaner? What are these parts called. Same for the rear one.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

My Kit came with the parts you are asking about. One of them is simply an elbow, the other is (in my case) an orifice. An orifice is a small hole ... The elbow goes in the front hole, the orifice goes in the back hole.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

bill-the part #'s for the fittings are Valve Cover fitting (gray) 53030497 Valve Cover fitting (black) 53030495

try hesco. they might stock it

not sure if you have this...instructions and parts list
here's what mine look like-
good luck!

Reply to
serg

bill-the part #'s for those are vacuum tubing 53030728 (goes to back of valve cover and to map sensor) vaccum tubing 53006237 (front of cover to air cleaner)

check my photo page for some more pix. i did a mock-up of the parts and how i think they go together.... the MAP sensor has to plugs-one electrical (3 prong) and one vacuum. the vacuum conector goes to the intake manifold. see pix

the manifold i have only has a fuel inlet. the other part in the photo page is the fuel pressure regulator. it gets mounted next to the fuel pump and the return goes into the middle outlet. just a different design.

no problem!

serg

You already have the original return line on the driver's side rail, you could use it for the feed line, but I think it is smaller by a 1/16th, so maybe not.

That is an interesting regulator. My fuel regulator needs vacuum to open and close, but this regulator seems to work directly from the fuel demand, that is it provides X amount of pressure on the rail, and whent he rail demands more fuel, the regulator simply opens more to meet the demand.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland