Mr Sheen gets every Jeep clean

I've just washed my Black 94 Cherokee (UK), I initially used Mr Sheen furniture polish inside, then (just like you do with rust) started doing some plastic bits exterior, ended up doing the whole jeep exterior paintwork and windows with it.

Looks brill, bit of smearing, on bonnet, rest ok, though the already extremely good paintwork now looks fantastic.

Question is, have I done anything wrong ??

Ta

Reply to
94JeepMan
94JeepMan did pass the time by typing:

Dunno. Can't see where furnature polish would be bad for painted surfaces but plastics are another matter.

Reply to
DougW

JeepMan, Intereting question. The owners manual warns or using to strong of a detergent (dish soap) to wash the paint protected surface of your Jeep. I would look closely at the contents of your cleaning product - I have never seen this product in the US. My concern would be a content that would become a problem under ultra-violet rays. Auto polish is developed to specifically overcome this and many other problems. Please get back to the group to the results of your 'test' after a month in the sun and several washings. I am curious of the outcome Mate. I'm especially interested in what the results of the reaction or protection of the exterior plastic parts which are a chroic problem with Wrangler bumper sextension. Cheers, Steve

Reply to
popeyeball