clean disks

has anyone got any experience useing those vented disks that fit behind the wheels to keep them clean?

Reply to
dr who

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:55:08 GMT, "dr who" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Other than the tires, your brakes are the next thing in keeping you from hitting stuff. I wouldn't make any modifications that are not proven to increase or not affect their performance.

I can't see how any shield would not affect heat buildup and thus increase the possibility of warping rotors, etc.

Everything I've ever heard says they work by keeping brake dust off the wheels, but contribute to other problems. Where does all that brake dust go...?

Try cleaning the wheels throughly and then waxing them. Works for me.

You could also look for opinions on which brake pads still function well and produce less dust.

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.