clean

Anybody used a very good engine cleaner?? we where using gunk but we found it did not get all the oil or greese off. the block and left it smelling,so if anybody used one that dos not smell but dos a very good job.please let me know . many thanks from Chris from Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

Agree re the smell of Gunk,-like Jeyes Fluid. Some use Jenolite. However, half a gallon of paraffin and stiff brush will soften all the oily gunge. Then a bucket of scalding hot water with a good dollop of dishwasher fluid. Use rubber gloves and be quick-it's quite caustic which aluminium doesn't like. Finish off with hot water and washing up liquid. Every time you wash the car thereafter, wipe the engine and underbonnet area down with a damp sponge. Never needs the full treatment after that. Davek.

Reply to
davek

Whats the point - its all under the bonnet anyway? And gets covered in oil and general grime too.

Reply to
Chimp

perhaps one likes to use a PSA lump as a salon table...

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam