2007 Wrangler

Anyone catch the spy shots of the 2007 Wrangler? Supposedly, it'll get a more power 4 or optional 3.7 out of the Liberty with the possiblity of a 4.7 V8 offered later in the product cycle, have a stretched 4 door version available, and may do away with hard top/soft top in favor of a fixed roof with removable panels. Something funky is supposed to happen about the door/window configuration too. No word yet about IFS. It's also supposedly to be a TK... DC sounds as if they're screwing up our beloved Wrangler! I'll leave the jury out until I see the final product, which should debut at the Detroit NAIAS this coming January.

Ruel Smith