My Heater!

Yes , I own a 2000 Jeep Wrangler. My heater isn't working. There is heat from the engine coming out a little when I'm driving over 50mph but when I stop, nothing comes out. In the summer, it's the same thing with the AC. Once last summer I was driving and all of a sudden the AC kicked on. Soon as I stopped, it stopped. Please could anybody tell me what this problem could be, or has this happen to them.

Thanks Cold and Fustrated

Reply to
Jeepbeats

Does the fan blow air from ANY vent when you turn it on?

If so, you may have a broken, clogged, or disconnected vacuum line, so the flap(s) that route air aren't in the proper position to heat or cool air.

If not, check the fan fuse. If it's blown, replace it once, with the SAME value (the 10, 20, etc... that's printed on it). There should be a little plastic fuse puller and spare fuses either with your manual, or attached near the fuse box. The fuse box is behind the glove box. If it blows again, or isn't blown in the first place, you probably need a blower or control.

Since you had to ask, you're probably better off having a pro chase a vacuum leak or replacing the blower.

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to
Jeepbeats

Then next I would put power directly to the heater motor to verify if it is any good.

There is a recall on the 99's for no heater blower. In that case it is a loose wire on the back of the dash panel. Recall 99V117000: Instrument Panel Ground Screws Loose.

Once you know the motor is ok or dead, then you can move on and replace it or look upstream in the wiring.

High has a relay, all the lower speeds run off a different circuit that uses a resistor pack.

Mike

Mike Romain