Need Details on '93 Grand Cherokee

I've got an old 93 GC that I'm considering modfiying for extreme off road use. It's got the 4.0L Engine.Can you tell me:

What Transfer Case Model Front and Rear Axle Models

Known decently engineered mod's to consider?

Reply to
twulfert

They came with different transfer cases and axle combinations.

The TC can be identified by the name on the shifter plate np242 = SelecTrac, np231 = CommandTrac.

The axle can be identified by shape;

The best thing to do is get a 'build sheet' which will tell you what all components were installed at the factory. It is available free of charge from any Jeep dealership PARTS department or via the customer service page on the Jeep web site.

Reply to
billy ray

Where on the Jeep site do you find the build sheet? I found something called Owner Services, but not Customer Service. I looked around in there, but didn't see anything like build sheets.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

How extreme? Are you thinking 33" tires? 35's? 40's? What is your credit card limit?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

From that Owner Services section you can request one with your VIN. Most local dealer service departments will print you one as well.