Need help, hole in soft top!

Hey, I just discovered a small hole in the passengers side of my soft top. It is about the size of a no. 2 pencil head. Looks like where the 2 plastic hold downs at the window may have rub the hole in it when it is folded up in the back of the Jeep. There appears to be several scratch marks on the inside on both sides. Probably wont be long before it does this to the drivers side as well. Does anyone know of anything I can do to fix the hole and to prevent future occurrences of this happening. Thanks in advance!

Tom Reins

2000 TJ SPORT 4.O

p.s.. Just paid it off last month. I should have known now that it is paid for to start looking for things to have to spend money on it. (lol)

Would have rather put money toward mods!!!

Reply to
cantrellm

I have had luck using shoe goo to patch small holes in my soft top - it stays flexible after it dries.

Reply to
jbjeep

Take it to an upholestry shop and have them sew in a small backing piece of a similar material. The extra thickness will help if it is being rubbed. I once had a cedar tree attack my Jeep's top. It put a nice fist sized hole in it. A trip to the upholster's and a few bucks for labor was the fix (he had scrap material lying around).

Reply to
Clap Trap