Q45 and Maxima wheels????

Will the NICE looking 5 star SE wheels fit an Infiniti Q45? Being the Q45 is RWD and the Maxima FWD, will it work? The Maximas wheels look SOOOOOO much better than the infiniti's wheels. I am going to buy a 95 Q45 and want to put my Maxima wheels on the Q45 and the Q45's wheels on the Maxima....will it work....correctly? I don't want offset problems or anything like that.... Thanks John (2Maximas)

Reply to
Bitsbucket

Yup, they'll fit. RWD or FWD does not matter, just the bolt pattern, which is 5 x 114.3mm (4.5 inches) That means the wheels are secured by 5 bolts which are 114.3 or 4.5 inches apart. You will also find that even some Toyota, Lexus, Honda, and Acura OEM wheels will fit as well. This opens up a whole world of wheel options, like the gorgeoues 17s on the IS300, or the previous generation Acura TL-S wheels, too.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Oh well the deal fell through, the guy thinks that infiniti is made of GOLD, I offered him the Kelly Blue book price for a private sale, (which was about

2K less then he wanted, then I told him I'd go 1.5K higher, and I call him at the end of the day if it's not sold I'm g>> Will the NICE looking 5 star SE wheels fit an Infiniti Q45? Being the Q45 >> is
Reply to
Bitsbucket

People just won't believe what their car is really worth. They see the insanely marked up price tag on one at the dealer's lot and think that's actually the price anybody will pay.

I bought my daughter a '96 I30 with 80,000 miles on it last November for $4800 from an Infiniti dealer. I got them to give it a brake job and replace an oxygen sensor as part of the deal (and included in the $4800 price). According to KBB (today), dealer retail on that car is still $7710 and the private party value is $5370-$5875 (depending how you rate the condition).

My point? The KBB price estimate is already too high. I certainly would not pay more than that.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Bitsbucket scratched out in the sand

well, good luck! That's a beautiful car. Always has been. I'd love a Q45, but wife won't put the $55K in my allowance. :)

Reply to
filesiteguy

that is an awesome price from a dealer. I live in Michigan and 95-99 Maximas and I30's are impossible to find with that kind of mileage, and at that price range. The best deal I've seen around here was a 99 GXE w/ 30k mi for

9,500 this past winter. I'm guessing it didn't last too long.
Reply to
Dave Stone

This is a Q45, not a Maxima or an I30 (Maxima with infiniti badges) He wants 6K for a Q45 with 98000 miles on the clock. (actually 6.5K but I have talked him down to 6K, I really want to pay about 5.5K as the Kelly blue book says the car is worth 4350.00 for a private sale, and it does need a little work to make it perfect, and I am a perfectionist) Hope this tells you what I am actually trying to buy...

2Maximas. OH if I buy the >> On 9/24/04 10:07 AM, in article
Reply to
Bitsbucket

OH and it NOT a dealer, its an individual...

Reply to
Bitsbucket

You missed my point entirely - its the valuation on KBB that I was relating to. The I30 was an example. I have bought and sold a number of different cars and trucks in the past few years and the KBB valuation was always high. My point is if KBB says its worth 4350, you should take that as the upper limit of what the car is worth.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Like I said - you missed the point. In the example I related, I gave you both the dealer price on KBB as well as the individual seller price. If KBB says its worth 4350, my experience says you should consider that the upper limit of what its worth, be it a Maxima, a Q45, a bread truck, a chevette, or whatever.

Reply to
E. Meyer

That's because KBB is published by a dealer's association. The numbers are always skewed. The retail prices are high and the trade-in prices are low. This way they can show you that they are giving you more than "blue book" for your trade and selling to you for under "blue book". Edmunds is a much more realistic guide IMHO.

E. Meyer wrote:

Reply to
JimV