Neutral Start Switch Help

How hard is it to change the neutral start switch on a 93 XJ (4.0, auto)? Appears mine is acting up again and only wants to start in neutral with some lever wiggling.

Thanks Snow ...

Reply to
Snow

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I did the repair that bill linked to. Its not really that hard, be careful you dont lose a spring or a contact. Mine had a spring fly out while i was messing with it. I enede up never finding it so I put in one from a quickset door lock tumbler. Anyhow it remained fixed for a year or so until the contacts wore so low that it wouldnt start in neutral or park. I then just jumped the nss up at the connection near the firewall. It now starts in ANY position and the reverse lights still just come on when I am in reverse. It is no longer a problem. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Kevin email me snowbalATsympatico.caNOSPAMING re move "nospaming" and change "at" to @

Reply to