Any good canadian store for traction bar

I need to replace my traction bar on my 96 Grand Cherokee I6 4x4 thanks

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511

snipped-for-privacy@bellnet.ca

Le CLone

Le CLone did pass the time by typing:

Not sure about canada but

give you the US$ prices for that bit. $118and a good diagram. It's under Front Suspension Suspension components Trackbar

Did you bend it, put in a lift kit, or has the bushing died?

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

As per my mechanic the tied rod on it is loose and the bushing is pretty much done, I always hear a clock clock noise very annoying.

I was quote 200 $ CAN so i gusee 118 US + Shipping + TX will get close to the 200 $ CAN...

Thanks

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511
Reply to
Le CLone

Canadian tire has them for about $134.00 I believe.

You can also try these folks,

He makes really nice ones for the CJ's and Wranglers at least that can be serviced with replaceable ends. I don't know what kind of shipping he does or if he makes them for a GC, but you aren't far away and you can always ask.

Mike

Le CL>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Le CLone did pass the time by typing:

The bushing and ball joint can be replaced. Odds are the balljoint is fine. If the steel isn't bent why buy another one? Energy Suspension makes the replacement bushing.

the front trackbar bushing is the same as the rear. Except thereis only one on the front. Check 4wheelparts.com, they would know forsure what the part number is. Can't find the blister pack mine came in. I didn't do a writeup on the procedure but basically it's one bolt, lower the track arm, cut/drill the old rubber out, grease up and slide a new bushing in, set the bar back up and put the bolt back in. (helps to have someone to rock the jeep a bit since the hole almost never lines up properly)

Check your sway bar bushings too.

DougW

I missed that, Canadian Tire also has bushings. The ball joints are part of the whole rod though.

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

Sure? Mine looks like it might be servicable. It's got a zerk and all just like other ball joints. Actually, I hit it with a squirt from the greasegun, looked like the boot was a bit empty.

me to believe it's possible. Might be aroyal pain though.

Reply to
DougW

I recently had to replace the one on my 88 because the ball joint was bad. Mine was all one piece for sure.

Mike

DougW wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

Bummer. I guess they save a buck by making parts like that.

Reply to
DougW

Le CLone did pass the time by typing:

fyi