Never Thought

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

an extra $1.50 worth of my money is the same as $1.50 worth of yours ....

Reply to
Dave Milne

Yes, telegraph poles are soaked for between 6 months and 2 years before use (depending on who you ask) - just about light themselves and I like the "scent" ;)

Reply to
Danny

aahhh, she is a neuro surgeon.

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
tim bur

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Heard a report today that if it gets over one pound per liter in the UK the fuel companies will have to replace all their pumps since all of them only read up to 99p per liter.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Not far off it - I filled up today 7/8ths of a tank for 93 bucks. (95.9p per litre)

Reply to
Dave Milne

Dave Milne did pass the time by typing:

Some places in the US they are "half pricing" i.e. the pump indicates 1/2 of what you have to pay and it's doubled when you pay. This is only legal when the station posts the actual price and a notice on the pump. That and get a permit from the State.

On the bright side (if you can call it that), reports are the gas/fuel pipelines are now up to 90% capacity and one of the largest refineries is scheduled to come back on line this Tuesday since it was not "sigificantly" damaged. Same with about 308 production platforms in the Gulf.

One link. There are others if you check around there.

That should help somewhat, but it's not going to fix the long term problem.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I think Gilbarco does most of the pumps here - all electronic.

Reply to
Dave Milne

That $40 is for a "face cord" of wood, not a full cord. A typical face cord is only 1/3 of a full cord because the logs are only 16 inches long. In a full cord, the logs are 48 inches long and in a stack 4 feet high by 8 feet long.

Reply to
archtopshop

Makes me happy I can go out and fell my own. Although after felling, sawing, splitting, and hauling, 40$ is damn cheap for two days work. :)

Reply to
DougW

Real Jeep license plates are covered with real mud just like the rest of the vehicle

Reply to
Billy Ray

Gasoline receipts and pictures from my Labor Day camping trip to Ontario Canada.

Please note Mike's catch-of-the day

Reply to
Billy Ray

LOL!

Mike

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Half gallon pricing was commonplace in Ohio when the price went over 99.9 cents per gallon.

Reply to
Billy Ray