Lovin my 07 Altima Hybrid

Had it for a week now and so far, only praise.

Traded my 02 3.5SE with between 99K-100K (Got $8550 for trade in OK to good condition). I had wanted the tech package, but after driving the non-hybrid

2.5 with the tech pack I decided to just go with the standard hybrid with no frills.

My issues with the tech pack were, the backup cam does not have enough peripheral view and the GPS really stinks. No text to speach and ETA's that were way out of whack were my primary complaints. I will stick with my PDA and Mapopolis along with looking over my shoulder when I back up.

So I have had it for a week and am so far averaging 43.8MPG. I got it with

55 miles and have 732 miles on it right now. My daily commute is about 110 miles. I was getting about 25.5MPG in my 02.

I take a canyon road to work with a quick but steep climb at the beginning but a slow downgrade after that which allows me to coast a great deal. Going home I take the highway which has more traffic but that gives me more of an opportunity to drive in EV Mode.

The 198HP are great. Not as good as the 3.5 of course but still a good amount of get up and go when needed.

Here are my first week's fuel calculations. Basically I got these numbers by filling my tank daily at the same station and same pump. I filled only til the pump auto shut off, no topping off. Date is when I filled up, Price is the price I paid per gallon, Miles is the current odometer reading at fillup, Gallons is how much went in the tank and MPG is (the current day's miles - the previous days miles) / the current day's gallons. Driving conditions varied each day by route taken, level of traffic, AC on or window down and of course speed but never more than 10MPH over the posted limit.

Date Price Miles Gallons MPG 08/12/07 $2.939 107 1.689 47.12960 08/13/07 $2.899 239 2.274 58.04749 08/14/07 $2.899 343 2.872 36.21170 08/15/07 $2.899 476 3.556 37.40157 08/16/07 $2.859 602 5.332 23.63091 08/17/07 $2.839 729 2.083 60.96976

I would be curious to hear from the other Hybrid owners and what your experiences are.

Reply to
Mango

"Mango" wrote in news:w5vxi.428$jy6.184@trnddc01:

We just got the 07 hybrid yesterday, our only concern is when parked and idling as the car cycles from EV mode to Fuel it seems a little on the rough side and the car rocks slightly. I have read a few reviews and they mentioned it is barely noticable.

My question to you is how noticable is it for yours?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Cox

When stopped and idling, yes I do get a noticable vibration. For instance when I first start it and after 10 seconds or so the gas engine kicks on. When driving however the switch between gas and ev mode is only slightly noticable.

Reply to
Mango

From several years of selling all manner of hybrids you will find that yourmileage will only increase, as you become more used to driving to maximize mileage, through the gauges. In fact, and it may have already started, you will play it as a game, to see exactly how high you can get the mileage.

The biggest complaint I hear about any hybrods are that they don't normally get the mileage posted on the Mulroney. But thatios because of how people actually drive the vehicles, more than a misrepresentation of the figures.

When the time comes, and this is my one complaint with any hybrod, be certain that anyone changing your hybrod battery have an AUTHORIZED disposal method already in place. As of now the major manufacturers have everything in place for disposal, but will that be the case 5 years from now? Just be careful, because those batteries could do more damage to the environment that a dozen gas guzzlers.

Good Luck.

North Planfield Nissan

Bajori