New tires for 97 Wrangler 6 cycl

Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase new tires for my 97 wrangler 6 cycl. I'm not overly concerned with noise since I don't drive the jeep much for normal travel. I use it extensively in the summer for driving on the beach, which requires me to air down the tires each time I drive on.

I'm looking for a fair priced tire that handles well off road (sand specifically) as well as performs well on road, that is not loud, but doesn't have to be very quite.

Any help, recommendations, tips would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

L.W.(ßill)

I've had great luck with the 235/75R15 Goodyear Wrangler Radial (the originals) on the beach. When you air down to 15, you get some good grip on the sand. Thay aren't too loud on the higway either.

The Goodyear Wrangler GSA tires are the same tread as the Radials, however the have a tread of passenger tire on the outside ring to lower the noise on the highway. You would want size 245/70R15 if you went with these.

Reply to
Mark12211