Best Tires for '97 2wd Pathfinder

Would like to know any and all recommendations for best on road tires for '97 Pathy ---- I have three BFGoodrich Radial T/A and one Bridgestone Dueler H/T on there (I just had to put the spare Bridgestone on) sizes, P235/70R15. Assuming I'm not going to get new hubs - so I'm fixed with the R15 - what are my options for different sizes Pxxx/xxR15 (I'm a novice.... (idiot?!?))

What are the benefits of the different sizes? I've been looking at (online only) Goodyear Eagle RS-A, Michelin LTX M/S and Kumho Venture HT (the Kumho seem to be rated best followed by the Michelin but I've never even heard of the company Kumho and don't yet know where to get these locally)

Also - I've been reading about the tire pressures in this group - if I inflate to 32psi or less I'm driving on the walls of the tires because they are sooooooooo flat. I've been filling to 42PSI - which I know is probably dangerous - but I've been told by a couple of people around here it's ok............... I'm thinking I must change but what to -- and is it just because of the BFGoodrich not being the right tire that 35...32psi is driving on the sidewall.

HELP?!?! Much obliged,

-River

Reply to
River

I've had the Goodyear Wrangler RTS and the Mich LTX. I prefer the LTX's more, but the Wranglers also worked well. The LTX are quieter and seem to ride a little better. And I prefer tire pressures around 40psi.

Reply to
ppointer

I wouldn't buy another set of Goodyear tires if they were the last tires on earth. Same with BF Goodrich. I never had any problems with Michilen.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow