Nice Diesel CJ Jeep

I'm thinking South Africa with the right-hand steering wheel.

Peter Parker

The owner lives in Pakistan, I would guess it is located there.

Reply to
Rusted

Some spectacular Pakistan wheeling country shown on his web site:

Looks like his pal Rashid's CJ7 is a diesel too :

Hey Bill H: I think this one promises to beat out '05 Wrangler' as your most posted link. ;)

Steve

Rusted wrote:

Reply to
Steve

My guess is that owning a Jeep in Pakistan would be an expensive hobby. Not like you can just go down to AutoZone and buy a new alternator or windshield wipers when you need them.

Reply to
Rusted

Are those Mahindra 'jeeps'?

They make the CJ's with diesel still over there.

Nice looking rigs too.

Mike

Rusted wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Nope, Mahindra is in India (India and Pakistan don't mix too well). There was a local company (Niyadaur Motors) that used to assemble Jeeps (CJ 5 and CJ 7 mostly) till late 1970s for civilian and Army use. It went out of business when the Army switched to Land Cruisers (and now Defenders). Most of those seen in the pics are old CJs lovingly restored. However, the diesel is a common replacement due to availability of parts and relatively lower prices. I know this because I have spent time in Pakistan. I had seen some really nice CJ8s up in the Northern area as well, closer to the Chinese border.

I was surfing the net and actually found a couple of restorations in Pakistan where the guys had taken two CJ7s and put in Toyota Hilux 2.4 turbo diesels in with all Toyota running gear. However, and here is the interesting part, one had a TJ body on it and the other a YJ body. WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TW

--

01 TJ Renegade 4.0L Auto D30/44, 265/75R16 BFG Muds
Reply to

What engine did he use?

Reply to
Ted Azito

Here is the link for the club I had come across.

Islamabad Jeep Club

And here are some bastardised CJ7s.

Jeep CJ-7 converted to Wrangler 1997

TO WRANGLER
CJ-7 converted to Wrangler 2002
TW

--

01 TJ Renegade 4.0L Auto D30/44, 265/75R16 BFG Muds
Reply to
TW

Although we are kind of pissed at the islamic world right now, let's reflect that except for a few psychos-and we don't have them too, like Phelps and Enyart?-they are people too. They have hopes and dreams, and families and vehicles they love too. No 'mushy stuff' (thanks MM), just a view.

That LD28 is a pretty little engine, but I wonder if a SD33T wouldn't have been a better choice. Maybe over there, you use what you can get?

Reply to
Ted Azito