Squeaking noises???!!!

I havea peugeot 106 (that has done about 25000 miles and only a couple years old) that has been squeaking for some time now and I havent really thought too much about it but it has now gotten to the point where I think something needs to be done about it.

The noise is best described as a screeching/creeking/squeaking and it occurs whenever: a) I push my foot down on the clutch b) I let my foot off the clutch and theres little gas (the noise seems to occur less when I apply more gas from setting off) c) when the car bumps up and down over speed bumps (occasionally)

It seems the noise is more prominent when the car has only just been started than once it has been running for some time.

If anyone could help diagnose where this noise is coming from and how to fix I would be able to stop it.

The car has hardly been driven for the past two years (about 5000 miles) and not driven too erratically so I assume this could be the main cause but am still not sure what the problem is.

Any help appreciated.

Rob

Reply to
Bobby1e

Have you had a look at the gearbox mounts? it could be them.

Reply to
Chris

If it has been left for prolonged periods you could have mice! Hence the squeaking. ;-)

Reply to
G Cadman

In message , Bobby1e joss stops reading and ponders a while before scribbling this reply

Have you checked your seat? Not as daft as it sounds:)

Reply to
jossmer

True, I have had constant problems with seat mountings becoming loose and squeeking on our 106.

Can you tell where on the car the noise comes from? It can help to carry a passenger who can help locate the noise.

Reply to
Brian

Its definately not the seat: its either the suspension, or something to do with the clutch when it engages!? Ive "bounced" the car to check its not the suspension but the noise is much louder when im moving than I can get it when the car is stationary so basically my assumption is its coming from the engine and not the suspension (much).

Reply to
Bobby1e

Ha

Reply to