O.T. An interesting demonstration on gun safety?

More scary than funny

FrankW

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

And the rest of the story

HarryS

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I thought it was a travesty because an agent interviewed was more worried about identifying under cover agents than an agent possibility killing a grade school student due to his ineptness of Rule #1, always treat all weapons as loaded and if they are unloaded treat them as if they were loaded. 21 years professionally handling and training firearm use and I have never seen such a screw up. Don't you love modern technology to get all on tape, a Judge nor the DEA can dispute the facts.

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

He is a big guy, a 40 doesn't have a lot of recoil, but it should have some.... Can you see any recoil? even a little?? You don't think the guy would put a blank in there to give the kids something to think about? Or what a good stage for an anti-gun activist. After all after he was shot he did continue with his presentation, seems like it would be a good time to sit down and lick your wounds. Video seems fishy to me.

Reply to
Rusted

Me too. Looks like the trajectory of the bullet would miss his foot entirely. Not only that, no one rushed up to see if he was alright, not even his staff. On the gun side, I can't see and I don't know anything about a Glock 40 but it seem to be safe there should be no clip in the weapon. When he closed the chamber he also should check to see if there is anything in the chamber. Especially in a room full of kids. In fact, he/they should have thoroughly checked the weapons before they brought them to a class and perhaps somehow disabled them (remove the firing pin, etc).

Looks real fishy to me.

William Oliveri

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

There are too many fishy things wrong with that video. Getting shot and continuing? No aid check you out? Wrong trajectory (good point there), no recoil?? Also the timing of the shot seemed to flow very well with his presentation. Also Bill if you pull a slide of a Glock back far enough to lock it open it will eject the chambered round. Also any of the firearm training classes that I have been to there has been a rule about no ammo allowed in the same room as the firearms. Nothing that I know of requires that to be a rule, but it makes good sense. Accidents do happen all of the time with about every items we own, I just don't think that we witnessed an accident here.

Reply to
Rusted

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I agree, all weapons are loaded all of the time. Just odd to me that there would even be ammo in the room with a school demonstration like that. Being an officer maybe the weapon for his duty weapon would have ammo, but not any of the guns used for the demonstration. What I hate is that video is off-base in so many ways, but show that to the public and like sheep they all believe what they see. I call it a phony!

Reply to
Rusted

in article snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. Hughes III (ßill) at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote on 3/21/05 10:12 PM:

Bull pucky! They jump pretty good in the hand. You'd certainly see it (I have not seen the video). Not like a .44 mag, granted, but I've shot thousands of rounds of .40 and it certainly recoils, especially in a polymer-frame gun.

It's designed like the 9 mm not to

I can carry my .40's, but my .45 ACP and .44 magnum are too big for daily carry. I carry the .45 or 44 mag in the woods, though. A .40 is a good manstopper and in my little Kahr pistol very concealable. A much more appropriate round than 44 mag for killing people in any kind of enviroment other than way out in the woods or something since the 44 mag would overpenetrate so badly, not to mention the muzzle blast and recoil. Touch that thing off indoors at 3 am and you will be deaf, blind, and will have just shot through the bad guy and about 3 walls beyond him!

No... i know what you mean, but for example I'll dry-dire a rifle in the gun shop to test the trigger (after checking, double checking, and triple checking it) and it's not like I want to shoot through their wall or window! OTOH, I'd certainly never point it at someone while doing it. But point being, there's a lot of grey area there. You can't just say to never point a gun at somthing you don't want to shoot. What, you want to shoot the floor of your house? You have to choose.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

The sound and the picture on that video are offset, the sound is slightly before the picture...First you hear the shot, then you see the recoil. I don't think he shot himself, but I can see the recoil...it happens right when the camera zooms after you hear it. I think the first thing he thought of was "F%$#!" and perhaps part of the floor hit him in the leg. The second thing he probably thought of was applying for a new job.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yep my 1943 GI issue 45 APC is still the weapon to have I will put it up against any of those sissy guns. SpecOppc is now switching back to the 45 APC round and when it hits something it stays down. When I lived in Louisiana we went to a local silhouette range and they eventually made me stop, the wad cutters were hot loaded and it raises hell on 1/4 " plate.

Reply to
HarryS

Follow the news link it happened.

HarryS