O.T. honda generator

Hello Group I have a little Honda gas generator. It's an EM500 I want to clean the carb but the owners manual doesn't tell me what the jet settings should be. Anyone have any links or info about this little generator? I really don't want to have to buy the service manual if possible. Thanks in advance Frank

Reply to
FrankW

No links, but when I do them I screw the jet in until it stops while counting turns carefully and then set it back the same. I figure if it was running good there, it will be the same after a clean.

I also just leave them be if I can get the little tube from the can of carb cleaner spray into the hole so it gets cleaned out. The jet isn't bottomed, so the cleaner can still get in there to do it thing usually. I soak it, then blow it out.

Mike

FrankW wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Billy Ray

Thanks I already got the owners manual But it's missing the information I'm looking for. Says to refer to the shop manual which happens to be 50 bucks here in Canada ouch.

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

Reply to