off-roading at the Cape

Has anyone tried off-roading at the Cape's driving corridor? I've been thinking about that for a couple of years, but haven't gotten into it yet. Is it worth the $100 fee?

Antti

Reply to
AKR

We've used the Nantucket ORV pass for several years and it's a good time, last year they upped it to almost $200, so it's getting to be less and less worth it. We've used it for getting to a less crowded beach, fishing, etc.

As far as the cape, if I recall, and I very well could be wrong, but I seem to recall you having to be a Mass resident to obtain a over sand permit. You didn't mention where you're from, but take that into consideration as well. Otherwise, if you're there for a week or two, the money's worth it to beat the crowds. We used to go to the point across the inlet from Coastguard (I think), only accessible by boat or 4x4, very secluded, good surfing and surf casting, calm waters for little kids on the inlet side.

Hope this helps,

Josh