Off Topic, it's been another two years.

My old Bronco past SMOG today in flying colors, with three hundred and fifty thousand miles and the heads have never been off. Just change the oil with now, 20/50 every three thousand:

An America car, too bad it hascoil springs up front, and even with the factory dual shocks, is unable tooff road, like a Real Jeep. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Those Big Broncos are too big and heavy offroad. You need an Early Bronco! :)

tw

Reply to
twaldron

thousand:

America car, too bad it has> coil springs up front, and even with the factory dual shocks, is unable to> off road, like a Real Jeep.> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Bill,

What would you say is it's main limitation off-road?

Reply to
nrs

thousand:

America car, too bad it has> coil springs up front, and even with the factory dual shocks, is unable to> off road, like a Real Jeep.> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Bill,

What would you say is it's main limitation off-road?

Reply to
nrs

Not too bad Bill, you beat mine this time!

Mike

Mike Romain

And I've been looking for one. If you look it has it's curb weight listed on the certificate, which is lighter than many TJs:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Front coil springs, just bounce and digs holes:

even with the factory doubleshocks:
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Yep, and according to that Cert. you've only got 46k miles on it. You're good to go another 30 yrs. :) Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're another 1000 lbs. over that figure. Finding an EB out in CA should be a breeze, prob is, they're all made of solid gold out there and a bit pricey.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

holes:

with the factory double> shocks:
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Leaf spring conversion!

Reply to
nrs

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Dan

Reply to
Hootowl

On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:58:43 -0700, L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III wrote (in article ):

With mine, it was the poor brakes off road. Heated up too quickly.

Craig

Craig Scheiner

On Fri, 18 May 2007 18:11:08 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" Amazingly Replied without Prejudice below:

:> I'm required to use a catalytic converter, which cremates what may :>exhaust. Removed do to Blasphemy :>mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

:>> Not too bad Bill, you beat mine this time! :>>

:>> Mike :>> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 :>> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's :>> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! :>> Jan/06

> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)

Reply to
24Bit

Hi Dan, Air like coil overs, bounce like a rubber ball:

Where leaf springs have to slideby each other as they articulate, use that energy up keeping the tires onthe ground for an even traction in the roughest of terrain. I have used airshocks on my '72 Ford 4X4 for a cheap lift:
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

On Sat, 19 May 2007 14:35:22 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" Amazingly Replied without Prejudice below:

:>Hi Dan, :> Air like coil overs, bounce like a rubber ball: :>

Where leaf springs have to slide:>by each other as they articulate, use that energy up keeping the tires on:>the ground for an even traction in the roughest of terrain. I have used air:>shocks on my '72 Ford 4X4 for a cheap lift::>
Removed do to Blasphemy from the Hypocrite Llewdellen.:>mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com:>

:>

:>> If they are available to fit it, you might try replacing those shocks :>> with old fashioned load levelers, or air adjustable shocks. Either :>> should keep the wheels down on the trail. :>>

:>> Dan

Reply to
24Bit

You've been using all sorts of things for a cheap lift.

Booze and boys, drugs and drag-queens.

Would you /please/ have that stroke now and get it over with?

Your grandkids are getting impatient. Either stroke out or let one of them murder you in your sleep, either one would be the most patriotic thing you've ever done or ever could do.

OK, Floozie In Disguise (With Fat Wads), give me a cut-and-paste job; that will certainly teach me a lesson.

Reply to
Jesus H. Chrysler, Esq.

It done all the time:

I'd ratherstart with a Real Jeep, though. It's open channel frame is designed to flexlike a Real truck:
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Of course you know old speedometers flipped over at a hundred, that means mime has done that three times. Eddie Bauer? Even the rusted out six cylinder '76 back, sells for over three time their new price. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

No, EB = Early Bronco, not Eddie Bauer. Yep, they've always been hot out in CA. The one advantage you have is the rust is minimal. However, you still might save money travelling to New Mex or Arizona to grab one and still get a rust free EB. Yes, I was joking about the accuracy of the Cert. when I mentioned the mileage (and vehicle weight which is off by

1000 lbs).

tw

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to