OT BioDiesel

Anyone with experience making or have any great links to info on bio-diesel?

I'm thinking of delving into it, and have some pretty good info, but you can never do enough research right?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Square Wheels

im also working on it, with a little help from a few already doing it at

several have 25,000+ miles on used vegetable oil. im in the process of rounding up everything i need to do the same thing.

......i wonder how long its going to take the government to make it a felony since there is no highway tax on leftover restaurant oils.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

You could use wolf grease. ;^)

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Oh good.. now my fuel lines will need stints. :/

Reply to
DougW

When I got back from Spain, I threw out all the canola oil (real name "rapeseed oil") and soybean oil (yuck), replacing it with sunflower oil and olive oil. Those people know how to eat. They call fried potatoes "papas fritas" too, which means "fried potatoes" in the local language. It's just a "potato". Now a French kiss, will always be a French kiss...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Stupendous Man

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

I dunno.. the chemistry side of that is sound and diesel engines are (or at least were) designed to run on sludge that gas engines couldn't burn. Too bad I can't refine the 20 or so gallons of used motor oil I've got out back into gas. (reminds self to haul it down to the recycling yard)

If I had an old diesel rabbit or some such smogbomb it would be fun to try but not in a nice new engine.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate it.

I'm going to try it in one of my tractors before it goes in the Powerstroke or the Cat. It may not go into the Cat anyway.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Not sure if you're accurate on that, but even so, bio-diesel takes something that normally would be thrown away and gets some use out of it...

I test drove the VW Jetta TDI (diesel) today that I'm thinking of getting to replace Grace's WJ... Acceptable accelleration... It actually felt like it had more elbow room than the WJ... The Tiptronic shift make an automatic nearly bearable... From what I hear, people are reporting around 48 mpg on the highway with it... Yeah, it's not a Jeep, but maybe she won't roll it either...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Now, if I could just get something to run on used beer.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Spdloader wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

Claude Horribly

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

i used to feel that way too, until meeting folks who are running it with no problems at all. ill be running it in both my diesels.

Nathan W. Collier