OT: Cheap Head-Lite

I picked up one of these Rayovac HeadLites at WalMart last night.

(It's the one in the middle) It was $7 so I thought I'd try it out. If you're looking for a cheap head lamp for trail work or late night work this seems like a pretty good deal. I wouldn't recommend it if you have a really big head. I have a large head and it's streched out all the way. Mort

Reply to
Mort

Approximately 10/25/03 19:19, Mort uttered for posterity:

There are adult versions of varying ruggedness and brightness available from flashlight companies, military surplus, mining supply, forest firefighter supply etc. Biggest problem with the things is that guaranteed no matter which way you point your head, you will really want the light pointed in another direction. The wider and brighter the beam the more use they tend to be except as a novelty...the big 9v units aren't bad, the small ones are toys.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Lon Stowell did pass the time by typing:

Easy fix.. Couple of 6V lanterns, a hardhat, and some ductape. :)

I've seen it before.. rilly.

Reply to
DougW

Approximately 10/26/03 11:05, DougW uttered for posterity:

Seems like kind of a kludge rather than just buying the hardhat with a built in light.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I was just suggesting it because it's cheap, doesn't require any special batteries and if you drop it and it breaks you're only out $7. I tried it out last night and I found that it worked well in a flood light setting but when I turned it to the spotlight i couldn't get it where I wanted it. Either way, $7 plus batteries isn't bad.