Anyone seen one of these

Has anyone seen one of these or know where I can get one?

pictures at the link below.

Its a gearbox adapter.

The one pictured is made of aluminium, I'd prefer one made of steel.

thanks Gail

Reply to
Gail

For adapting what to what exactly? And in which part of the world are you hiding (I assume UK)?

Reply to
EMB

Indeed, Oxford to be precise.

Its from a 93 2.5TDi Discovery 1.

It's a convertion adapter for a 4 speed autobox (from a 3.9v8). G

Reply to
Gail

Except that I'm 12000 miles away (New Zealand) I'd make you one over the weekend/early next week. Take it to a good engineering outfit (preferably who has CNC gear) and get one made - if an alloy one has done the job so far a mild steel one should last forever. It won't be cheap though - from the pictures I'd say at least a couple of hundred quid as a one off, cheaper for quantity once I'd programmed it up.

Reply to
EMB

You know, I'd consider having it imported if it proved cost effective.

believe it or not, trying to get this in the UK has been a night mare.

What would you need to make one, presumably a drawing of some description?

Gail

Reply to
Gail

Reply to