OT: Holy Crap!

-- Travis

trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

That's impressive! Would make quite a street sleeper for those Camaros, Mustangs, Vipers, and ricers. LOL

Chris

More fun things to do in a big truck!

*** video borrowed from link in the 7slotgrille.com forums ***
Reply to
Kevin Sperle

All he needs is a fart can on the tailpipe and he'll run 10's. LOL

Chris

See what a K&N filter and "Quaker State 4X4" oil can do?

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

That IDIOT should be put in jail for that stupid stunt!

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Nah, he's shooting for a darwin award...

Reply to
Joe

AND.....

somebody should forward that video to his insurance company so they deny his insurance claim!

Tom

Reply to
mabar

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:53:08 -0700, "Kevin Sperle" shared the following:

Ooh. What an IDIOT. Drunk? Stupid? Both?

-- Travis

trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

Maybe he was just checking his alignment?

Best guess seems to be that he was imitating this video (at the end)

where a guy in a firebird surfsbehind his car (holding onto the spoiler). But that guy wears a helmet andappears to be doing it on a wide open abandoned road. This guy is just anidiot, and damn lucky he didn't kill anyone. Seeing as nobody got seriouslyinjured, I have to laugh everytime I watch it, thinking of what he tried totell the police and insurance company. Not to mention the fact that hewrecked his truck!

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yeah, could have been a joy ride. But lets hold out hope it was his truck! :-)

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

I will second that....

Mike

mabar wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Yea, they run those here sometimes. I think they are diesels injected with propane. Not sure how it's done though.

Keith

Reply to
KH

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

c did pass the time by typing:

Just going by sound and smoke that was a hevily turbocharged diesel engine. You can hear it spool up just before launch.

I want to see under the hood of that beast. :)

Reply to
DougW

KH did pass the time by typing:

Hmm.. you could do that. Use propane and nitrous as the boost and extra fuel. That's not going to be a long lived engine though.

I still want to see under that hood.

Reply to
DougW

No, they don't last long but that's how they do it. They don't use nitrous either just the propane I think. They have whole events here racing just diesel trucks.

Reply to
KH

It's impressive because considering the weight of that truck, there is some SERIOUS power under the hood of that thing. They must have wrote a big check to Gale Banks or someone similar in order to get that truck moving like that.

I plugged this truck into a drag racing analyzer program that has been VERY accurate. It has been verified with several known combinations and is usually within .01-.02 seconds of the actual times these cars run. They don't have a diesel option, but a vehicle doesnt know what is turning the driveshaft, so it should be relatively close.

I assumed a 6000# truck and a 200# driver. Obviously the gearing and RPM will be different for a diesel, but this program calculates net horsepower required to move a vehicle to a certain speed through the traps. According to the program, this thing would need 800 horsepower at the peak RPM. Since I know squat about diesels, I'll assume that the peak RPM would be 4000? Based on the torque to horsepower formula, this thing makes about 1050 ft-lbs of torque at 4000 RPM.

Very impressive indeed.

Chris