OT-Out from under the blackout

I lived through the northeast blackout in 1963. Say, weren't they supposed to have fixed the sorts of problems that caused it? I remember lots of people saying that the grid was fixed and not vulnerable like it was before. Watching this thing on the news was deja vu to me, except for the laughing part.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I live just on the western edge of the power blackout (between Detroit and Lansing, MI). I am happy to say that I have had power since about 10 am this morning, and it's been steady.

They say Detroit and its suburbs may not get power until Sunday or Monday. My store in Livonia, MI has been shut down since the blackout hit, and it's still out. Not good for business. :-(

At least I've been using my down time to wrench on the Jeep!

Matt

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

40 years since the "the northeast blackout in 1963"? I'd say that they fixed it pretty damn well... Wish my CJ would run that long between repairs!
Reply to
Joe

Got power back at around 05:00 this morning... damn smoke detectors started beeping and woke me up...Now only of the water would come back online it would be great...

Snow... Western edge of Toronto (Brampton)

Reply to
Snow