The coming out (name change)

Whoa. 130+ responses in 24 hours.

Why does this matter so much? Lots of people on here use obvious aliases ("Cal Wheeler", "TJim", "Goat Crapp.") I suspect many of those who use more normal sounding names are also using pen names. Who cares?

If I had it to do all over again, I'd certainly use an alias. Some nutcase went to the immense trouble of researching my phone number (which is hard to get) and calls my house from time to time now at 2 in the morning to scream that I'm a moron who knows nothing about Jeeps. I strongly suspect that it is someone from this newsgroup. The cat's out of the bag now, so there's no point in switching to an alias, but I've definitely learned my lesson on using my real name.

Reply to
Joshua Nelson

bob z. is an alias. bob z. doesn't troll, never has, never will, so the alias is not because he (me?) needs to hide. something that bob z. does is speak in the third-person. this is an obvious sign of an alias!

8~)>

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

It's a shame some people can't separate their internet lives from real life. Often, people will type something that they would never say in person while others are a mirror image of their online persona. Ironically, I think if we all met in person we'd get along great.

With that in mind, I bet Bill would be a quite guy walking around with a laptop showing links to people... hehehe

Can you block the incoming phone number or do *69? (tells you last incoming call #)

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

The lesson is really about being an immature moron that knows nothing about Jeeps.

You could ratchet up the silence a few clicks, or give thoughtfullness a little more thought, and this would go a long way towards solving your particualr set of problems.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yeah, he should be calling you at dinner time to state the obvious...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Impressive isn't it...

Actually, "Goat Crapp" is his real name. ;-)

Calling someone at 2 am and screaming at them is harassment and stalking and is against the law. If you are having problems like this, I suggest you contact your local police department and get it taken care of. That kind of thing can escalate into something more serious. You need to be careful. It's one thing to hand someone a ration of poop on Usenet, it's another to call the person and abuse him. That's serious. :-(

Reply to
TJim

You need to be careful.

If it's actually happening....

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

can't see anyone here being that shy of telling Joshua anything to his face, nor deeming him important enough to spend a phone call on.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:09:29 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

*evil laugh* ;-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:15:34 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

I won't do that to you, Bill. With a first name like Bill you can't be all bad. My first name is also William. And my dad's. And my son's. :-) Yeah, you can just call me "Junior."

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Oo oo oo.. now I can just call and ask for those links when I need them. ;-) Seriously, I could have used them a few times when my TJ was in pieces... although I wouldn't call anyone from the group that didn't invite me to. That's just creepy.

Eric

http://ph> >

Reply to
Eric