OT Tow vehicle needs new brakes

Well, this is sort of Jeep related because I use the vehicle in question to pull my Jeep. ;-) I have a Ford Expedition that needs new brake pads. It is my wife's daily driver and my weekend hauler. I use it to tow my Jeep through some fairly steep and twisty canyons on the way to the trail head, along with some freeway driving. I've searched the web and found confusing and sometimes contradictory recommendations for the "best" brake pads. Is there any consensus on the "best" pad for a tow vehicle?

OEM, metallic, semi metallic, organic, ceramic, semi ceramic all seem to have folks that swear by or at them. Personally I've never paid much attention so I'm a complete newbie to the brake pad world.

Dean

I like my cars red? )

Reply to
Dean

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
RoyJ

while i agree those are good pads, expeditions tend to have weaker brakes than the average SUV. I would go with uprated brake pads. ceramic i believe is the best performing.

Reply to
Erik Litchy