Paging Nathan Collier about Montanna

You are correct as far as I know. I think a Church would depend and I know for a solid fact you cannot wear one into a US Post Office or any Federal building. I don't know about State buildings but that could vary from State to State. I'd probably carry if I was out riding ATV or a Sled specially in the Boonies. But unless the town was really wild I'd leave them at home. You can't leave them in the truck IIRC.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Approximately 9/23/03 17:13, Scooby Don't uttered for posterity:

Yes, you can, at least in Montana. The guns are not for people or wild west towns, they are ranching tools for dealing with critters or badly injured animals.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

dont you just love "progress"?

i dont have anything against loading up a family on an atv so long as the driver is responsible. when we overload just to putt around, we never see even 10mph.

bullseye.

as i understand it, she changed lanes for no apparent reason and struck them head on.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

the bat dog was on the job, and alerted me of the problem.

still, most of the time shesunder my feet anyway. i didnt get that door installed, but i did pick itup. now i know what ill be doing tomorrow.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Get some foam or whipped cream for her mouth and those Beavis and Butthead types will run like hell. But yeah a strong door with a good lock is a good prevention. Up here we use steel doors. They're pretty strong. You have to protect your kids.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Maybe but if I had real problem with a 2 legged animal I'd probably use it to save my life. I actually did this many years ago. I always carried a .357 magnum with a 4 inch barrel. I eventually went to an automatic pistol but I always and I mean ALWAYS carried it during hunting season. The cops would give me a hard tme about it because you aren't allowed to hunt with a pistol during deer season. But anyway. I was out looking at some fairly remote land and it was during the day and during hunting season. The land bordered a road but no house just bare land. Now of course in hindsight I'd wear a safety orange vest but we were out maybe 100 yards towards the back line of the property. I heard a shot and pieces of a tree about 10 feet away just exploded. Some cluless FK was shooting at me thinking I was a deer. The realtor nearly shit his pants and my now ex-wife was in about the same condition. I pulled out the .357 while I'm yelling Don't Shoot! Don't Shoot! and proceeded to shoot 3 rounds into a fairly large tree a few feet away. I never saw who fired that shot but we were real careful getting out of there. If you run into some guys who think they are bad ass and it's just you. It's best to be prepared.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

No, truthfully I can't even make a sarcastic remark about it. Almost every place you can ride now is shut down. This area is too congested and everyone has no hunting and now snowmobile signs up everywhere. They are passing all kinds of laws on the lakes that are against Jet Ski's and now many of the lakes have speed limits and the cops patrol with radar guns. I am so out of here when the time comes!

I saw one dad walking his kid on an ATV that had a kill leash on it. Yank the leash the ATV dies. Lots of families would have a couple of ATV's and take turns riding. I saw this a lot before they fully shut the pits down. Some jerks would steal cars and go in there and torch them which did not help at all. I have seen a bunch of people climb on a Quad. Remember Quads were fairly new back then. I had a 3 wheel Yamaha 175 2 stroke. But I'd see them all get on the quqad and ride way out into the pit and get off and then take tuns but it was rare to see more than 2 people on a quad. Tons of bikes tho.

Could be a mechanical failure although the cops aren'treal good at determining that. Hopefully they will not screw it up moving the car. If she wasn't drunk and it was a mechanical failure that will make a big difference. It's still a tragedy that could have been avoided.

Reply to
Scooby Don't