PING ---> Mike Romain

Hi Mike, Which "Accel" coil did you install and what is it's voltage output? Would the same one work on my '75 258? Any recommendations on where to purchase one?

Reply to
Paul Brogren

My local auto parts store sell the Accel line, they are common. I used the rectangle 'SuperCoil' in mine.

I think it is something like 50K volts and yes, it does make a difference on those engines.

I have great mileage and power and have used the same coil on two different 258's with the same results.

I went with OEM wires and cap and rotor, the Accel set were crap. The cap and rotor didn't last two weeks, they arced out all over the place. I don't think they matched each other, big gap anyway. The metal ends of the wires pulled off first time I changed the plugs.

Mike

Paul Brogren wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain