PING - Richard Harris - Four Wheel Parts Charges Thread

Richard, Did you ever get a response from your friend regarding the 4 wheel parts charges?

Irvine. > > It's happened to me more than once. > > Four Wheel Parts Performance > 8797 Irvine Center Dr # L, Irvine, CA 92618 > Phone: (949) 788-0090 > > I would like to hear his response. > > Bill > > > > Bill, > > Where did this happen? I have a friend who is a manager of a Four Wheel > > Parts store and I've never heard of such a thing.. > > > I, yesterday, ordered some shims to adjust my pinion angle to hopefully > > rid > > > myself of this driveshaft vibration. When I talked to the sales guy on > > the > > > phone he told me the price would be 11.00 plus tax. When I got there > > today > > > it was something like 18.00 total. > > > > > > Here's the break down. > > > > > > 10.99 for the shims > > > 2.00 for a delivery fee (a local parts truck delivered the part to them) > > > 3.50 for a Fuel Service Fee? (can't remember the term now but it's to > > cover > > > the fuel the truck used to deliver the part) > > > > > > Sheesh. What the He77 is this? > > > > > > So I protested the additional charges and so the sales guy took them > off. > > > So I asked the guy, is this an Optional fee or what? He said it helps > > them > > > out so I guess they do this for every transaction and if you don't > protest > > > you will pay. > > > > > > In addition, when you make an order over the phone, they put half the > > sales > > > charge on your credit card. Then when you get to the store they charge > > the > > > remaining fee to your credit card so you get two receipts for one > > > transaction (I had this happen on another purchase). > > > > > > This time I requested not to use my credit card to secure an order and > > they > > > agreed. Probably because of the small cost of the part. > > > > > > Anyway, just wanted to let anyone else who might be doing business with > > them > > > know. Might help in their purchase. > > > > > > Bill
Reply to
William Oliveri