Power door window repair 1988 Grand Wagoneer

The white plastic tractor track feed broke and I hate paying retail. I've scoured the net and youtube for a video on how to replace this but can only get sketchy instructions. Seems I can unbolt the window and slide all the way up and hold it up with shims placed in the weatherstrip in the door to keep it up. I have a four foot piece of the plastic track. I just need to know the steps I need to follow to slide the broken piece out and the new one in.

TIA

Reply to
mark

has members that will know!They even know where to buy those tracks NEW and inexpensively too!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Thanks, will try it.

Reply to
mark

I might suggest you email this fellow...

Saul Schapiro at snipped-for-privacy@grandwagoneers.com

He sells a complete window repair kit for each Wagoneer window, complete with all the components necessary to repair the nylon drive chain, and very good step-by-step instructions on how to do it. I have done this repair, according to Saul's instructions, and it turned a very daunting job into a manageable one.

Good luck!

Reply to
randallbrink

I might suggest you email this fellow...

Saul Schapiro at snipped-for-privacy@grandwagoneers.com

He sells a complete window repair kit for each Wagoneer window, complete with all the components necessary to repair the nylon drive chain, and very good step-by-step instructions on how to do it. I have done this repair, according to Saul's instructions, and it turned a very daunting job into a manageable one.

Good luck!

has been down for several months.

Reply to
Apple2Steward

Reply to
L W (Bill) Hughes III

Hi mark, If your truck were newer, you could run the vehicle's VIN number for it's build slip via a Dealer or Jeep's contact via thir home page and request a build sheet. Yours may still be caught in your front seat's springs.

Reply to
L W (Bill) Hughes III