jeep liberty tail gate

Do anyone know how to get tailgate open on 2002 jeep liberty. It's like its stuck in lock mode. Press the unlock button or use key and you can hear it unlock but wont open. The tail gate window still pops. Any ideas?

Reply to
Jamie

Unfortunaly, yes. The little plastic clip inside the door has broken and the rod is no longer moving the latch.

I've done this operation on a ZJ, but I'm not sure about how the Liberty is fastened. Generally you have to work the plastic door cover off to get at the latch mechanisim.

Crossposting to RAMJW because there are more jeep folks there.

Reply to
DougW