pressing out ball joints...

ok-so i brought the knuckles to work to use the 20-ton press. now i can't remember which way to press them out. do i press on the shaft to push them down (the top one into the knuckle, the bottom one out the bottom) or do i flip the whole thing upside down and press on the wide part of the joint (bottom one up into the knuckle and top one out through the top)? i guess i should've brought my fsm... thanks!

Reply to
serg

The top one has to press down, while the bottom has to press up (both press to the middle of the knuckle).

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

serg ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) wrote on Tuesday 06 April 2004 04:59 pm:

I'm mine, both pressed up from the bottom, pushing on the flat part without the joint.

Reply to
Michael White