Programming XJ Keyless Remote

Recently, the keyfob on my 98 XJ Classic stopped unlocking the doors. I've tried new batteries, cleaned all the contacts without any luck. I recently picked up a new fob on eBay, but there were no programming instructions. The owner's manual appears to be silent on the matter, also.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Mark

98 XJ
Reply to
M. E. Bye

There was a website that delt with this, but the computer that had the link on it crashed, and no more link,( this is where Bill comes in handy!) If no link is available, take it to the dealership, they can program them with the OBDll scanner, my dealership didn't charge me to do this, but I used to take it to them while it was under warrenty for service.

Kevin in Iowa

99XJ
Reply to
Kevin in Iowa

"Kevin in Iowa" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Is this it?

Google is your friend, I entered "programming Jeep keyless remotes" and got that on the first hit. If this isn't right, there were more hits.

Reply to
XS11E

That's how several questions are answered here; Google searches.

I guess if everybody knew how to use Google we wouldn't have anything to do. ;-)

Reply to
JimG

"JimG" wrote in news:YGi0e.1404$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

I use it so much I set it as my home page. Seems like every time I use the WWW I start with a search.

Reply to
XS11E

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I did the google thing also, but I think that the above link is for the

2 button keyfob that Piland makes, but you can try it and see if it works.

Kevin in Iowa

99XJ
Reply to
Kevin in Iowa

"Kevin in Iowa" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

The instructions are in the owner's manual for my '93 Grand Cherokee and they're the same.

Reply to
XS11E