Replacement carb for 23ci OHC Willys

Having problems with the original (I think) Holley model 1920 2bbl carburetor on my '62 Willys pickup. Mixture too rich and fouling the plugs. Have adjusted towards lean as far as possible and even had a mechanic look at and rebuild using the appropriate kit (I hope - the kid was very young). Changed plugs for hotter spark also.

My question: does anyone know of an appropriate carburetor that can be used with this engine (230ci OHC Tornado) that can just be swapped with the '1920' with little or no worries down the road?

Any direction you can send me in this search is appreciated...

ThanQ Willy "Just because Chrysler calls it a Jeep, don't make it so...!" - Willy Schneider / 1962

Reply to
Willy Schneider

If you can locate some jets re-jet the carb. More than likely the jets are too big most of the time re-jetting fixes the problem.

Coasty

"Just because Chrysler calls it a Jeep, don't make it so...!" - Willy Schneider / 1962

Reply to
Willy Schneider

The other thing that could be happening is the bowl float hanging up and not properly closing.

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III