Q: soft top. ON or OFF in summer ? what do you do ?

hehe.. ya. my garage has my 75 vette and 72 challenger both about 90% mint shape.

Reply to
daveZ

oh it does take me only 5 mins if I dont have the doors,sides and rear to pull out.. putting it back up was the pain.

Reply to
daveZ

that is pretty darn cool. I may just go this route if a tarp or cover doesnt work.

Reply to
daveZ

A $10.00 dollar green or brown or blue tarp covers the "no-doors" add a few bungie cords and I think it a heck of a lot faster to put on. covers the windshield over the (no) doors and down over the tailgate. I think it's size is 9X12.

Reply to
iBob

this cover looks nice too. a tarp looks cheesy (especially in the neighborhood I live in)

Reply to
Jo

What are you trying to say?

Reply to
iBob

I'm trying to say I don't live in a trailer park.

Reply to
Jo

Like, your car?

Reply to
CRWLR

In article , "Jo" wrote: Oh I see.

Reply to
iBob

Sounds like you need another garage.

I went to Costco, they have a 10x20 tent for keeping cars and boats in. I keep my Jeep under it. Of course, the wind in my neck 'o the woods is never strong enought to carry my kids away, let alone my house, so the tent tens to remain in place very well. You can stand the legs in a bucket of cement to hold it down. I use a rope and tie the tent to my Jeep if the wind is going to be blowing.

Reply to
CRWLR

Hmm... OK. Are you that guy who lives like 2 miles from me who had the 2 Jeeps and the super-nice house?

I know a guy who says he does good body work but I've never actually seen any of his work. He does body work for a living, and does a little of it on the side too, so he's probably pretty good. He would probably also take a LONG time to get the job done for you, though. If you are in no hurry whatsoever then I'll put you guys in touch with each other and you can figure out if you want him to do the work or not. Again, I've never seen his work so I can't really vouch for him. He's a nice guy, but I'd wanna see some of his work he'd done before I let him do any for me. Of course my Jeep is kinda beat up and I painted it with a rattle-can so I don't care about body work anyway. Lemme know if you want his contact info.

"I can hammer it back into shape later." :wq!

Reply to
Shaggie

"Are you that guy who lives like 2 miles from me who had the 2 Jeeps and the super-nice house?" Nope, I worked about 5 miles from where you work and I was looking for a jeep at the time. My house is only very-nice, not super-nice.

Reply to
Jo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I used a tarp last year successfully. You just need to remember to dump the pool of water off the top before removing the bungee cords after a downpour!

Seahag

"daveZ" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

and a very nice looking old one that is

Reply to
jbjeep

with the wind here you would soon see your Jeep floating off into the distance...

Reply to
jbjeep

Sorry.. I wasn't very clear on that. It does go on over a folded down soft top, just wont fit if the top is up.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

This week I went ahead and put the top up since we're obviously having a long rainy spell. It came down pretty hard last night & this morning!

I wasn't really clear on the cab cover thing... it'll fit with the soft top folded down... just can't be up.

I'm still trying to find some local "legal" trails. Did head out to the Superlift OHV park in Hot Springs again last Friday and had a good time with a buddy in his Grand Cherokee and another in his Toyota Land Cruiser. I'll post here when we schedule another trip, either there or on some other trails closer to home.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

Take some pics too!

Reply to