Q: soft top. ON or OFF in summer ? what do you do ?

I solved that problem by putting a couple of sail battans across the roll bars side to side never have any pooled water.

Reply to
iBob

Yeah, I know what you mean...I woke up yesterday morning with no power. Rained really hard on the way to work, but by the time I got to work it was dry. Didn't stay that way, and it's still raining right now. The plus side to this is how everything is getting green again. The minus side is that now I'll have to mow next week.

OK, this I can do. Just put the cab cover back on the want list...right behind the new top for the wife's YJ. She got a little wet the last couple of days, even with the top up.

Sounds good. We've been running some of the Forest Service roads while geocaching up in this area and also down around the Scotland/Cleveland area. Not much "real" 4-wheeling, but pretty country and the geocaching is fun too. We've seen some really pretty waterfalls and bluff-top views that you couldn't see if you stayed in the Jeep.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Also... I just noticed something... the cover I have is the Bestop version. It's not actually called a Cab Cover... that's another brand. I think the Bestop version is a "Trail Cover" or something like that. It's made of pretty heavy material and doesn't allow water in at all. The Cab Cover seems to be made of a lighter weight material that is "water resistant".

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

I had planned to put the soft-top on for the summer today since the weather is great ... then heard the forecast -- they say 20-30 cm (8-12 inches) overnight with blizzard conditions. I guess I will wait another week.

BillM Newfoundland Canada

Reply to
Morrissey

Isn't spring time in Canada fun.... ;-)

From short sleeves to a parka in a blink of an eye!

Mike

Morrissey wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike, some parts of Arkansas have had almost 18" of rain in the last 5 days. The rivers are running full, and I saw a notice today that the Buffalo(a national scenic river)is like 10 feet above flood stage and higher than it's been since like 1980. Of course everything is getting green, so it's real pretty, but now I'm going to have to start mowing or not be able to find the house next week.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Is that what those are for! I thought they had something to do with your bikini top!

I'm thinking that rain cover looks pretty good.

Seahag

"iBob" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

In article , "Seahag" wrote: $89.00 that's 3 and one half cheesecakes from the seafood market!

Reply to
iBob

Why would you cover your Jeep with cheesecakes? :D

Reply to
DougW

Hahahahaha!

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

"cause I love cheesecake!! :P

Reply to
iBob

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yep... my back yard is pretty much a swamp right now. Gonna take awhile to dry out.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

Reply to
twaldron

Yup, we went to look at my friend's campground yesterday. It's on Sylamore Creek right where it joins the White River.

The White River is up over 10 feet above normal. The lower level of the camp is completely under water and the water is almost up to the steps of some of the cabins on the upper level.

Then, on top of that, one of the campers in a big giant motor home ran over a water line and broke it yesterday afternoon. My friend Guy was not a happy camper yesterday.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Yup, we Iived there for better than 10 years. I still have 2 sons and a couple of friends that I still talk to that live there.

Then, again, all this rain is why our countryside is green and not brown.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Jeep may have called it a "Golden Eagle" edition...but the sumbitch was still brown. :-)