Quality 4 inch lifts (with long arms)

If you were going to spend your money on a 4" long arm kit, which would you buy? I'll be doing a lot of highway driving with this, but I want to start getting into some more "hardcore" offroad driving now that time and money are permitting. What are my choices out there for 4" lift kits with long arm conversions? Anyone recommend any? Got any links for detailed installs with pictures? (Bill?)

Chad

2000 TJ Sport (glad he never sold it)
Reply to
Chad

RE

Reply to
jbjeep

I'll probably miss one along the way, but to date Rubicon Express, Teraflex, Skyjacker and Fabtech have 4" and greater long arm kits out, and Currie has a "triangulated" kit that's fairly radical.

Folks who've installed the RE and Tera kits seem very satisfied. I'm not familiar with the Skyjacker but I'd expect their kits to be very good as well.

I haven't heard any negatives re: running these kits on the street. Perhaps someone here who's got one installed can comment.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

There's also the Full Traction 6" with a 3-link rear. I've been looking at that one, but haven't yet made the plunge. Anyone know anything about it?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
TJim

experiences

Reply to
TJim

I realize you were talking about Full Traction. I was making a point that one person has a bad experience, but maybe most people had good experiences with a particular company. I only gave a true account that happened about a year or so ago on that forum about RE. I remember the one guy breaking a spring, but another had a problem getting RE to replace something that broke and they badmouthed RE. However, most people have nothing but good things to say about RE. I think the guy that broke his spring said he was going to order a new set from BDS because of their warranty.

Reply to
Big Daddy