Re: Front axle vent elbow

I used JB Weld which is an epoxy on mine. I cleaned the area and put the stuff on the tube before pressing it in.

Mike

Lee Ayrt>

Anyone have a good repair trick for the pressed-in vent hose elbow? I've > managed to get mine back in, but it clearly isn't going to stay. Epoxy > around it?
Reply to
Mike Romain

What Mike said.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I had this problem with the AMC 20 in my 76 CJ5. I used a knurling tool on the vent tube, cleaned the hole in the axle tube with brake cleaner and then and pressed it back in, sealed with green Loctite.

This vent fit fairly loose in the axle tube hole, which was somewhat wallowed out. You might be able to just use an epoxy or JB Weld-type stuff on it and just press it back in. Needs to be sealed very well or water will get sucked in and $ will get sucked out..

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)