question about an O2 sensor

Even though no warning light comes on will a faulty O2 sensor give a sluggish feeling to my jeep as if i was pulling a trailer or even a possible transmission problem, I have a 2001 Wrangler, I-6, Automatic,76000 miles no upgrades. Thanks

Reply to
Dave Reed

Ohh yes...! I just replaced mine a couple months ago. It made my 97 TJ I-6 feel like it would stall out at times. I did get the check engine light though... May want to look at plugs and wires. Check out distributor cap and button while you are in there. Good luck.

Kevin KC8GAB

97 TJ
Reply to
Kevin

Kevin did pass the time by typing:

Yep.. A good clue your O2 sensor is going is excess carbon on all sparkplugs and in the exhaust. Plus a gas milage drop of about 3-4 MPG and lack of pep except for wide-open-throttle. WOT takes the O2 sensor out of the loop.

Reply to
DougW