Questions about lifting a 2001 Wrangler Sahara

I'd like to lift my 2001 Wrangler Sahara this fall. If you've seen the Summer 2003 Catalog from Quadratec I'm looking to set it up like the Jeep on the front cover.

Let me start by saying that I don't off-road, nor do I plan on off-roading .... this Jeep is used to get me back and forth to work and the sheer pleasure of driving with top down and doors off every day that I can.

If you haven't seen the Quadratec catalog, it's a 97 Wrangler with an EMU lift, 33" x 12.50" M/T Baja Claw radials on 15"x8" M/T Classic Wheels, with Xenon Wheel Flares.

So here goes the questions ....

  1. Will I have any ROAD DRIVING clearance problems with this setup? Any rubbing on Turns?

  1. What's my chances of NOT NEEDING a CV Driveshaft and a new driveshaft?

  2. How bad will my gearing be? I have a 4.0 with a manual transmission. I believe the gears are 3.73 ..... Right now I have 31x10.5s and I'm fine except for steep inclines (on the highway when in 5th gear)

  1. Am I going to be putting excessive strain on my drivetrain? I've got a Dana 44 in the Jeep

  2. I know that the OME kit comes with a rear trackbar bracket but none for the front. Should I buy an adjustable front trackbar bracket? What are the effects if I don't ...will the off-center be visible? Will it cause the Jeep to not track perfectly straight? Will tires wear differently? What will be affected?

If you have any other info to pass on please do ..... I'm still making up my mind exactly what I want .... I must say I'm leaning towards to moderate 2" lift and ride of EMU.

Thanks ..... Macky

Reply to
Macky
  1. I think you'll be fine. The aftermarket wheels typically have enough backspacing to prevent rubbing.

  1. The OME lift is a 2" lift, so you will most likely be fine without a SYE and new driveshaft. You'll probably have to lower the transfer case a bit. Transfer case lowering kit is included with the OME lift.

  2. Mostly a matter of personal opinion. I've talked with some who say
33's were fine with 3.73's, and others who described the combination as completely undriveable.

  1. Probably more so than stock configuration, but nothing to really worry about IMO.

  2. I believe with the basic Teraflex lift (my buddy had one) although there was no adjustable front track bar, the instructions had him drill a hole and relocate the front track bar in some way. OME may be similar, I dunno, and I wasn't there when my buddy installed his Tera. My advice would be don't worry about it until after you install the lift... then make your own judgment as to whether or not you need/want the adjustable front.

You might want to reth>I'd like to lift my 2001 Wrangler Sahara this fall. If you've seen the

Reply to
David C. Moller