Re: new version of mpi kit

What's the cost on this one?

for those of you interested-there is a new version of the mopar mpi kit- > the new version uses a single fuel rail instead of the dual in the older > version. i called hesco and they told me the old kit (the one sold by > mopar) is being discontinued. some of the parts that make up the old kit > have already been discontinued by chrysler. the new kit has not been > licensed by mopar yet and is being sold by collins brothers as the "hesco > mpi kit". if interested, call up collins and ask for "rita" in the sales > dept. x 223. happy jeeping! > >
Reply to
William Oliveri

My MPFI kit from Hesco is four years old, and I have a single rail injector system.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Come to think of it, This MPI kit is also modeled after an 94 Wrangler. How could they discontinue these parts? If you need replacement parts you only need request the same from a 94 wrangler, correct?

Reply to
William Oliveri

DC didn't discontinue the parts, the supplier of the 1994 style intake manifolds is apparently in receivership and no longer supplying them to DC. That is the reason for the "design change," which uses a manifold and fuel rail from later years rather than the 1994 YJ, and which are manufactured by a different supplier. Due to this "design change" to later year parts, DC must obtain a new "EO" number to make the kit smog legal in California.

Some of the old style kits are still available (at least until dealer inventory is exhausted), but very hard to find.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Sure they do. Jeeps have had no return line on the fuel rail since about '95. Regulator is in the fuel pump module.

Reply to
bllsht

My guess would be "poorly" :)

Reply to
DougW

That's easy Will, just unplug the feed line where it connects to the rail. The gas will come out after the pump runs for a few seconds.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Oh, it's straight forward. On the older versions all you do is open the Schraeder valve until you get flow and all that leaves is a tiny amount that will clear thru the by-pass - but it does take a while. If there is NO Schrader valve and you pull the input end you still have aair filled rail until the air is purged thru the injectors. I don't know about the Jeep but that can be really problematic on GM V6 fuel rails - BTDT.

Whole concept doesn't make good engineering sense to me so it must be abean counter thing...

Reply to
Will Honea

Could very well be. It may also be better than sending heated fuel back to the tank if you're trying to control evaporative emissions.

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)