Questions on Rugged Ridge Products

I am in the process of putting a new frame under my CJ7 and figure it is time to go all new with most everything hooked onto the frame.

I keep running into these Rugged Ridge products which are a new name to me.

Has anyone used any of their products and do they hold up?

New product line names always make me leery since I got suckered with some stealhorse crap back when I did my last frame off restore. I really don't like pre-rusted in the box 'stainless' or things like bikini top straps that snap in the first wind to hit them, let alone actually 'drive' down the road with the bikini top on..

Thanks for any info!

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Holy Cow Mike. If you're asking other people for advice the end of the world must be near. Sorry, I cant help you on Rugged Ridge. Never heard of them.

Reply to
Jo Baggs

LOL!

Nope, I still have lots to learn yet.

My CJ7 is getting another rebuild and I think I will stay to names I know.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

Good day, I came accross this site this morning. Maybe you already know about them. If so, dis-regard.

Cheers Ryan

Reply to
Socks

Good day,

I found this site this morning.

it's of interest for you. If you already know about them,dis-regard.

Cheers

Ry'

Reply to
Socks

cool site.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks, that is an interesting site for sure.

I have already picked up a freshly blasted and painted frame that I plan on galvanizing the inside on before it goes in place.

It is nice to know folks are still making them though.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Hi Mike! You may have already looked here but there are some posts in ROF about Rugged Ridge. Just search the forum :)

I keep running into these Rugged Ridge products which are a new name to me.

Has anyone used any of their products and do they hold up?

New product line names always make me leery since I got suckered with some stealhorse crap back when I did my last frame off restore. I really don't like pre-rusted in the box 'stainless' or things like bikini top straps that snap in the first wind to hit them, let alone actually 'drive' down the road with the bikini top on..

Thanks for any info!

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Kate

THANK YOU KATE!

That link is exactly what I was looking for and exactly what was sticking in the back of my mind, they 'are' just stealhorse rebranded!

I thought so...

I want this rebuild to last 20 years, I sure don't need any pre-rusted parts...

Mike

Kate wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Well Mike,

I bought a couple of items from them, Rear Euro Guards by Rugged Ridge and Rugged Ridge JK Hinge Treatment Covers. The rear guards took about a week to get but the covers took 4 months(back ordered).Quality was good, reasonably priced and everything fits. If you order now you should have them by the spring :)

Ron

Reply to
RC

Now that's what I like to see: a full-fledged optimist! I figure that in less time than that the kids will be hiding my driver's license.

Mike, there has been so much noise in the group I may have missed it but how are you coming with the neck and head injuries from that wreck?

Reply to
whonea