Rad Juice??

Hey Guys...I damaged my rad last week going through a damn ice/water crossing and had to get a new rad...the mechanic after he installed the rad asked me if I can put the normally greenish yellow anti-freeze in it or do I have to buy the orange stuff that came in it from new... it's a 2003 TJ... I told him that I would imagine the greenish yellow is fine... is it??

Jeff

Reply to
4X4PLAY

I don't believe so.

I don't think you can safely mix all this new garbage they are putting into the vehicles these days.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain

Hey Jeff

It's only a two year old jeep you should have the manual in your glove box. What were you thinkin?

If you swap it out to something else, you might have problems and surely if your engine goes south any warranty you would have would be null and void because you used the wrong antifreeze in it.

It's like playing with fire, you may get away with it for awhile, but eventually you're going to get burned.

: 4X4PLAY wrote: : >

: > Hey Guys...I damaged my rad last week going through a damn ice/water : > crossing and had to get a new rad...the mechanic after he installed the rad : > asked me if I can put the normally greenish yellow anti-freeze in it or do I : > have to buy the orange stuff that came in it from new... : > it's a 2003 TJ... : > I told him that I would imagine the greenish yellow is fine... is it?? : >

: > Jeff : >

: > -- : > Jeff '03 TJ & '95 ZJ : >

KJ.Kate

Hey Kate... warranty null and void...lol too late... The local dealer here has already void my warranty for what I do with my Jeep...I guess they've seen my videos...

There wasn't orange stuff left in it after replacing the rad..it was all flushed out...so there wouldn't be any mixing the two of them...

Reply to
4X4PLAY

Did you flush the block with water and have the water tested for residual fluid??? believe me there will almost always be left over orange crap left behind. Its not wise to mix them.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Jeep parts guy @ dealer told me the green stuff is "3 year antifreeze" and the orange stuff is "5 year antifreeze", and you get sludge if you mix 'em. Personally, I wouldn't leave the orange stuff in for 5 years either, but hey.

Dave Milne

Here's what you need and it's a pale yellow.

used it in my 99 after a total flush. The orange Dexcol stuff is bad news when mixed with regular green/yellow stuff. JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo