Installed CAI...now what?

Hey Guys,

I installed my CAI last week, but it rained all weekend here in Florida, so I didnt get to do much else. I have a 2003 Mustang...Pony Edition...anyways, I wanted to know if I needed to reset the computer or do anything else to keep the fuel/air ratio right. Also, I am going to get a short throw shifter...I am leaning on the Tri-Ax...

BTW...the car seems perform better with the CAI...

Thanks,

Shane

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Plan ahead what you want your car for before you start throwing money everywhere. If you're just wanting a little extra "pep" then the CAI is fine. A Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter is amazing. I installed one in my

98 GT and it made a world of difference. I use the shortest throw setting on mine. A little pricey, but well worth it.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Mike,

I got the CAI for Christmas. I personally was going to buy the Tri-Ax first, but what can you say when you get a toy for the car for Christmas...Anyways, I haven't fully decided what I am going to do to the car...It seems that there isnt much to do with a V6....Do you have any suggestions? I think the tri-ax is my next purchase...If you dont mind, what did you pay for yours? I see them on ebay for 160 - 180...

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I paid exactly $170 with shipping from eBay. You don't have a whole lot of room to play with your V6... but it's still an enjoyable car nonetheless. Make the most of what you've got. Or get a V8. Have fun

-Mike

Reply to
<memset