Radio

Does anyone know if the OEM radio cassette from a 95 Cherokee will fit straight into a 95 Wrangler. They look identicle (at least on ebay). The part # on the Cherokee ends in 7214 and ends in 7215 on the Wrangler

Reply to
John

Yes, it will fit.

The radios are designed according to a standard called DIN, which I conveniently forget what that means, and there is in reality only one standard size. Go to any car stereo store and chech out how many different sizes of radios are available. You will fine 1. The problem comes because car makers screwed around for a couple of years with off-size radio/cassette combinations. (I have a Mazda MPV that has a huge radio that I am having difficulty replacing.) The after market radio people have finally gotten most car makers to use a standard size radio so they can get their products into your car without you needing to redesign the dashboard, or shim up a huge hole with plastic plates.

The bottom line is, yes, you can swap the radio if you want.

The last digit change might be because the donor vehicle has a feature, like an automatic antenna, that the TJ won't support.

Reply to
CRWLR

Hmmm a 95 TJ... Okay?

Reply to