Re: CJ7 plate on the floor where the stick shifts come up

> Is there a gasket for the plate on the floor where the stick shifts come up > or should I just use a heat-resistent silicon (CJ7)? The past owner used > some cheap crap and now it leaks (unfortunately, I'm spraying oil on the > drivesfaft which is throwing it on this place and the oil is getting > inside).
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I sealed mine with some kind of putty-tape that is used to seal windows and doors. I don't know why I bothered, I have no shifter boot and the transmission is exposed through the hole the shifter goes through.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

working on the leaks... just don't want to get oil all over me in the interim... So, is there a seal?

Reply to
Joe

Not on any I have seen.

I would use some high heat RTV. You will need to clean the area really well or the RTV won't seal.

Mike

Joe wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Kinda depend on how bad he is puking out oil. The putty won't hold oil for long and RTV 'can' be cut with a razor blade knife, then peeled off. A pain to do, agreed, but...

Mike

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

If you really want a temporary fix: Clean up and duct-tape it from below?

Just my 2 cents. Thom.

Reply to
Thom

(unfortunately, I'm spraying oil on the

Is no one going to tell him? CHANGE THE SEAL!!! It's a pretty simple job, stop the oil leak first, then do whatever you want to with the cover plate.

Tookie

Reply to
Tookie

which seal?