Re: Driveshaft and SYE -- opinions wanted!

I got mine (SYE and CV drive shaft) from Tom Wood, his prices were very completive and I had read allot of good things about him. They have been installed for over a year now and I have had zero problems.

Scott

90 YJ

So, I won't explain my own stupidity to you, but suffice to say that on

> my most recent offroad trip, the need arose for an entirely new rear > driveshaft. Seeing as I just finished the 4" lift kit on my '92 YJ six > months ago, I had the undeniable desire to throw more money at my Jeep > (note sarcasm here), so I decided to take this oppurtunity to get rid of > my slip yoke. As the lift just about emptied my bank account, price is a > huge issue, so I've been furtively searching for a good deal. So, two > questions: > > 1.) I found a website
that has a SYE kit for $220 > delivered. Has anybody had any experience with them at all? > 2.) As I need to get a CV driveshaft now, too, is my best bet looking > for a local driveshaft shop, or does someone know of a good deal on the > net somewhere? > > That is all. Any opinions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! > > --Misha >
Reply to
Foot Loose

Checked around and realized you were right! I just ordered the Advanced Adapters HD SYE Kit and Tom Wood's CV drive shaft from Tom Wood's. The price beat anything I'd found so far!

--Misha

Foot Loose wrote:

Reply to
Misha A. Kononov

Before I installed an Atlas II in my '94 YJ I ran a Currie SYE kit and Tom Woods shaft (actually it was a Six States shaft from back when Tom worked for them). The kit was a breeze to install and worked great for over 20k miles. T-Case has subsequently been installed in another YJ (w/35's) and gone probably 20k more miles without a hitch. The JB Conversions type kits (which adapt NP242 shaft, etc. to the 231) are much stronger and if you can afford it go for the extra strength.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge